Monday, March 05, 2007

Double Comeback

So, I went to London.

It was profoundly entertaining. For the first time since I arrived, I found a bar I like (Walkabout by the Waterloo Bridge, close to Embankment tube station). Good music, excellent food, cheap drinks, and if only for this occasion, great people. It was some sort of a get together for a Turkish internet community. I was pretty hooked up on them when I was in Turkey; for certain periods of time they were almost my entire social life, not to mean they were small in extent or unsatisfactory. So anyway, I was surprised that the feeling was identical to those "golden times". We were all smiling our mouths off, dancing and drinking and chatting. People were laid back, relaxed and friendly. As a proof, the night ended at New Cross in one of those friends' dorm room, around 7 am. I'd just met the guy.

All in all, promises were made for another one of these meetings soon, in a week or two. We will see if this one sticks. I mean at least it feels right.

No comments: